[TriLUG] Updates installed, system won't boot now

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Wed Jan 25 16:02:20 EST 2012

The root directive in the grub configuration should specify where your
boot filesystem is (i.e. what should be the root when interpreting paths
in the grub configuration for the kernel and perhaps ramdisk) Specifying
the real root filesystem should be done in parameters passed to the
kernel.

If it's grub2 (I think you said it was) I would suggest letting grub try
to generate a new grub.cfg while you're in the livecd environment.

Jack