[TriLUG] Ohio LinuxFest Call for Talks is open

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Jan 28 23:17:12 EST 2012

Come join the 10th Anniversary celebration of the Ohio LinuxFest
by being a part of the event.  We are looking for presentations
aimed at beginners, presentations aimed at the experts, and
everything in between.

We are looking for talks from a variety of areas, not just
regular Linux. Talk to us about BSD, Android, and more. We're
interested in all parts of Free and Open Source projects.

Here are some of the topics we have presented at past OLF
events or would like to have this time:

 - Xen
 - Samba
 - WordPress
 - Linux Boot Process
 - BSD in Production or for the Home User
 - Accessibility Solutions Using Open Source
 - Open Source From The View of a Teenager
 - Free and Open Source Fundraising
 - Using Linux in a Windows World
 - Legalities of FOSS From A Hacker's Perspective
 - OpenSim
 - Video Editing
 - Open Source, Government Policy and You
 - Heterogeneous Computing Environments
 - Python for Linux Systems Administration
 - GNOME 3.0
 - KDE
 - Scratch programming
 - Building Community
 - Embedded Systems
 - Game Consoles
 - IPv6
 - Android

The community wants talks from and for programmers, users, sysadmins,
network gurus, security folks, and hobbyists. We need hard technical
talks and talks about using FOSS in the community and the home.

But it starts with you. We need your help to put this event together,
and it starts with the talks. OLF is made by the contributions from
all sorts of FOSS users. If you have an idea for a presentation,
please let us know at http://www.ohiolinux.org/cfp.

The Ohio LinuxFest is an annual, all-volunteer conference dedicated
to Free & Open Source Software.  Set in Columbus Ohio each Fall,
OLF attracts over 1000 attendees each year.  In part this was
because basic registration is FREE, part of our mission to be a
part of the FOSS movement.  For more information about The Ohio
LinuxFest, see http://www.ohiolinux.org .

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
zwilnik at zwilnik.com      Linux User #333216