[TriLUG] CAcert Assurance Training

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Feb 9 20:16:28 EST 2012

Greetings All

Cristobal and I have been talking lately, and thinking that it is time to do another of our CAcert Training sessions for Assurers, combined, as usual, with an Assurance Party.

However, unlike previous such events, we think that we should do this as a "Saturday Morning" session, rather than as a monthly TriLUG meeting.

This will be somewhat more comprehensive than prior events since there will be more time, and since there is now a semi-official syllabus for these events, known as ATEs, or Assurer Training Events.

Aside from our usual audience of TriLUG Meeting attendees, we are also particularly interested in people who are interested in helping seed "deserts," areas that have very few CAcert Assurers.  We are particularly fortunate in this area because of our large population of people who have been assured, and especially those who have reached Assurer status.

So, there are several questions, the first of which, is "who is in some way interested in such an event?"  Once we get that one covered, we will start talking about things like Where, When, How Long, etc.

Thanks,
Brian and Cristobal