[TriLUG] CAcert Assurance Training

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Feb 10 09:31:59 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Eric H. Christensen
<eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
> I recently became assured and then did all the reading and took the test and
> became an assurer.  It's not hard although I would have liked to have been
> involved in a class of some sort.  I wonder if holding a class at SouthEast
> LinuxFest coming up in June in Charlotte would be of interest.  I was planning
> on hosting a PGP key signing party and offer to assure anyone that wanted it.

Can I suggest that we do these in two stages:
1) Present the overview and technical details at a TriLUG meeting
2) Follow with a Saturday morning workshop

You will help educate the general membership, and encourage those
interested to come and get their hands dirty.

Perhaps Brian and Cristobal could give a 30min talk on CAcert,
followed by Eric giving a talk on GnuPG.

Bill