[TriLUG] CAcert Events

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat Feb 18 11:55:03 EST 2012

Folks,

Well, things have been happening since I first raised the question of a meeting in which we discuss CAcert, Assurances and other such matters.

As we as with you, I also inquired about such an event with leaders in the CAcert Community, including Board members, and they are very interested in helping put on an event in Raleigh, even to the extent of suggesting that one or more senior members might be able to travel to such an event.

This is getting exciting and we could use that to add to our focus as a center of high technolgy.

It seems that the TriLUG meeting for March has now been booked with another presentation, so I am waiting for a response from the Steering Committee as to whether April 12th will be suitable for us.

As well, we need to find a suitable venue for the formal Assurer Training Event ( ATE ), probably to take place on Saturday, April 14th.  If anybody has any suggestions, that would be welcomed.

For other information, CAcert has added us to their list of Events, and created a page for this Event in particular.  They are at: https://wiki.cacert.org/events/ATE-Raleigh and https://wiki.cacert.org/Events/AssurerTrainingEvents . You will notice that some of the headings and labels on the latter page are a little bit incorrect ( 2011 instead of 2012! ), but there is a lot of good information there.

If you want to attend the ATE, please send me a quick note so that we can get an idea of potential numbers.  Please include an indication as to whether you are an up-to-date Assurer ( having passed the Challenge Test ), an Assurer under the previous rules, or a potential Assurer. ( Assuree )  We will also welcome new members, just be aware that this session is intended for people who are or wish to become Assurers.

As far as the TriLUG meeting, we do not need to get "reservations," since that meeting is always well attended.

While this date is still two months in the future, there will be a lot to do between now and then, particularly if it becomes the event that we all would like.

Thank you,
Brian