[TriLUG] quick, name an open source monitoring solution

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Fri Feb 24 01:21:27 EST 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Magnus wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2012, at 11:46 PM, Magnus wrote:
>>
>> http://assets.nagios.com/licenses/nagios_open_software_license.txt
>
> Before anyone gets carried away, I think this may just be for their enterprise license. This is something that started hitting Twitter tonight and even though the license is about as pretty as Rumer Willis, I think this may be a case of Nagios using different licenses for different products.

Yeah, Gentoo thinks it's GPLv2. Proprietary re-licensing is unfortunate
though. Just ask the LibreOffice folks.

The gnuplot license has a similar problem where modifications have to be
distributed as a patch-set to the original. I'm not sure how much of an
actual problem this is, especially since there are many graphing libraries
these days.

Jack