[TriLUG] Rasberry Pi?

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Wed Feb 29 09:37:26 EST 2012

Igor Partola wrote:

>   - Home automation again: whenever my phone joins the WiFi network,
>   Raspberry Pi could turn on the outside lights, start the coffee pot,
unlock
>   my NAS, etc.

This is brilliant!  I'm in the midst of a long-term DIY home automation
design project, and I've been dreaming up ways to automatically detect my
arrival.  I hadn't thought about using my smartphone's WiFi behavior as a
trigger.  I think I just might steal this idea!

I knew I joined this list for a reason... :-)

~B