[TriLUG] HD Antenna Suggestions

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Mar 8 11:58:23 EST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Matt Pusateri
<mpusateri at wickedtrails.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a recommendation for a HD antenna to get over the air
> HD TV broadcasts.  It will be going in a commercial office building. I
> know a lot of HD antennas suck, do I'm looking for real world experiences.

Do you know where your transmission towers are ?  The AntennaWeb site
can show the tower directions and distances from your location on a
map.  http://www.antennaweb.org/  Click on the "Click Here to Start"
button and enter your street address.

I have two homemade HD antennas, each one pointed at a different
tower.  I wouldn't mind trying a commercial antenna at some point to
compare signal quality.

Bill