[TriLUG] Another successful Hack Day

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Sat Mar 10 22:48:37 EST 2012

Well,
Another successful TriLUG Hack Day completed !

Several wireless routers were upgraded to OpenWRT, including two new
TP-Link WR1043ND units.  Two other routers required some soldering to
attach to their internal serial ports, and we even hacked a USB-RS232
adapter to also do 3.3v serial.  In the afternoon we looked at the
OpenWRT build system and compiled a custom firmware.  I'm pleased to
report that Jack's TP-Link WR741ND is now booting OpenWRT after we
removed the USB drivers (it's doesn't have USB).

A big thanks to Lenore for hosting us at the Splat Space hackerspace in Durham.

Bill