[TriLUG] RHEL best practices

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:04:56 EDT 2012

I agree with Chris - but start with these questions:

   - do I *need* SELinux?
   - what is the server's purpose?
   - what packages do the product(s) I'm installing require (both in place,
   and to be removed)?
   - how much hardware am I running on?
   - 32-bit or 64-bit? (not even sure this is still a question .. but you
   can ask)
   - will I be virtualized or physical?
   - does new hardware have to be recognized without a reboot (*a la* a
   desktop)?

-Warren