[TriLUG] RHEL Directory Server

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Tue Mar 27 07:09:19 EDT 2012

The automount schema compatible with Linux autofs and in OpenLDAP should also be included in Red Hat DS.  I tested 389 DS (before it was called that) a while back and it's basically the same.  In the examples on this page, you should be able to substitute /opt/redhat-ds for /opt/fedora-ds:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Automount

You may need to create the object tree and populate it using another tool like phpLDAPAdmin, if Red Hat DS's UI doesn't support creating new objects using the automount and automountMap object classes.  (I don't know the answer; the last time I implemented LDAP-based automount maps was with OpenLDAP.)

Dave