[TriLUG] Presentation software for TriLUG meetings

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Apr 5 15:27:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Jeff Schornick <jeff at schornick.org> wrote:
> Have you considered dropping the heavy-weight PowerPoint wannabe and using HTML?
>  Deck.js : http://imakewebthings.com/deck.js/
>  HTMLslides: http://html5slides.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/template/index.htm

Great suggestions everyone.  BTW ff you like Prezi.com then you might
also like impress.js
  http://bartaz.github.com/impress.js

I have written LaTeX documents before, so I guess I could try Beamer.
Right now I want something simple that I won't get frustrated with.

I like the idea of using a web based presentation framework.  We might
even be able to avoid the projector from cropping the right hand side
of the presentation at RH.

Being able to load the presentation while offline or on someone else's
laptop is a big plus.

Bill