[TriLUG] Job Posting: System and LAMP Stack Administrator

Patrick Reynolds cpreynolds at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:35:02 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've been lurking around this list for a while, and think that this is
a posting one of you may be interested in. Feel free to contact me
off-list if you have any questions or are interested. I work for
Kitware and it is an absolutely amazing place to work. Everyone is
technical from upper management down, and we live and breath Free and
Open Source Software. I've pasted the job description below, but you
can find it here as well: http://www.kitware.com/news/home/job/95
----------

System and LAMP Stack Administrator

Kitware is seeking a System and LAMP Stack Administrator to support
the expanding infrastructure and project needs of our Carrboro, NC
office.  The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge, flexibility
and desire to be involved with all facets of IT and LAMP Stack
administration.  At around 100 employees and (quickly) growing, we are
searching for a candidate to fill this instrumental role that impacts
and supports the work of both non-technical and highly technical
employees.

Minimum Qualifications:

BS in computer science or related field
Hands-on experience with Linux system administration
Hands-on experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
installation, customization, and maintenance
Hands-on experience with scripting and web programming, especially
Python and PHP
Excellent communication skills-written and oral-with the ability to
positively interact with others and provide technical support
throughout all levels of the organization
U.S. Citizen or permanent resident

Preferred Qualifications:

Experience with Windows 7 and Mac OSX administration
Strong Linux administration skills with experience configuring,
monitoring, and troubleshooting computer networks
Strong model-view-controller web programming skills, especially with
frameworks like Zend and Cake

To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, including salary requirements and
resume, to jobs at kitware.com for immediate consideration.

Kitware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly supports
Affirmative Action.  Please, no recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract.

---------

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds