[TriLUG] Part-time, remote, contract *nix development help (including webdev) needed

Ryan Kirk ryan.kirk at calyptix.com
Wed Apr 18 15:16:40 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I work at Calyptix Security, based in Charlotte. We're looking for a
couple of key individuals to keep on an ongoing basis as part-time, remote
development help, on a contract basis. We use OpenBSD, but linux
experience is just as valuable.

There are two job descriptions here, but if you have knowledge/experience
that overlaps, that would of course work as well.

Please feel free to pass this job description on to others.

--- JOB 1: *nix web developer ---

Our stack is OpenBSD / nginx / PostgreSQL / PHP, with source control in
git. We know OpenBSD experience is less common, but expert-level PHP and
javascript skills are a must.

Bonus if you are experienced with scripting languages such as ruby and
perl. Familiarity with common open source security projects would be a
giant plus.

We would expect you to come on-site occasionally for meetings, but most
work would be done remotely. Our offices are 2.5 - 3 hrs from the
Raleigh-Durham area, in Charlotte.

If you can identify some of your public source code (such as on github)
please do so.

--- JOB 2: unix (OpenBSD) developer ---

We use OpenBSD. Knowledge of scripting languages such as ruby and perl is
a given, and ideally you have worked with pf and other core OS features.
Experience with additional open source security projects such as snort,
ClamAV, spamassassin, and squid is extremely desirable.

We would expect you to come on-site occasionally for meetings, but most of
your work would be done remotely. Our offices are 2.5 - 3 hrs from the
Raleigh-Durham area, in Charlotte.

If you can identify some of your public source code (such as on github),
please do so.

Thank you,

Ryan Kirk
Calyptix Security