[TriLUG] May 19 - TriLUG Annual Spring Installfest

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Tue Apr 24 22:49:22 EDT 2012

Ahoy hoy,

I believe that I offered to help set-up a netboot server for this
event. Scott, I think you were coordinating this. How’s this comming
along? Can you use my help?

Also, do we want to advertise this event outside of the the TriLUG and
Splat*Space lists? If so, where? My initial ideas are _The Daily Tar
Heel_’s calendar
<http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.php/calendar/submit> and craigslist.
I thought the other local papers (N&O and Herald Sun) would have
community calendars as well, but I can’t find mention of them on their
websites. We appear to not be eligible for the _Independent Weekly_’s
calendar since the event is best described as a class
<http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/Submit/Page#cals> (although I guess
it could be described as political activism since Free software is in
part a political movement, but I think activism is frowned on for
501(c)(3)’s.

tl;dr: I think it would be neat to advertise this to the general
public, but I need your help thinking of places. I’m happy to adapt
Bill’s wonderful description.

Best,
Jack