[TriLUG] PCI and/or Cardbus card for A/V capture from camera with TRS/RCA plugs

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken at Coar.Org
Thu May 10 14:19:15 EDT 2012

I picked up a colour & night-capable weatherproof video
camera recently.  Unfortunately or otherwise, its only
outputs are TRS (or possibly RCA, I don't have it in front
of me) plugs for audio and video.

I want to plug it into a Linux server that can grab an
image at intervals, but I don't know what sort of
hardware/software I need.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd like to be able
to feed it to my laptop on occasion as well, hence the
'Cardbus' portion of the subject.  But mostly I expect
it to be plugged into a PCI card in a server.

Thanks!
--
#ken	B-)}

Ken Coar, Sanagendamgagwedweinini