[TriLUG] SOLVED Re: apache: different DocumentRoot for different IPs

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Mon May 14 13:48:59 EDT 2012

At 11:42 -0400 14 May 2012, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

>> Not to mention that you'll have to go back and write a second set of
>> stanzas when you get dual-stack IPv6 up and running.
>
>I was wondering about that...
>
>When I set up my AlanPorter.com site as dual-stack, I made my
>/etc/apache2/sites-available/alanporter.com file like this:
>
><VirtualHost 207.192.72.89:80>

When I setup my web server, I just used "*" in place of the IP address
causing apache to listen to port 80 and 443 on all interfaces, both IPv4
and IPv6.  There's still separate sections for the different ports, but
I wan different configuration for SSL versus clear anyway.  I also use a
common include file for the portions that I want to be the same between
those.