[TriLUG] Linux Video Hardware Vendor

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue May 22 23:48:30 EDT 2012

On 05/22/2012 07:39 PM, Matt Pusateri wrote:

> Are you looking for pure opensource support or will you use proprietary drivers?

I'm okay using proprietary drivers but open source is preferred.

For example, I used the proprietary NVidia drivers on Ubuntu on my
Macbook Air. Since I use it for travel, I often have to hook it to a
projector. Using nvidia-settings I can extend the desktop onto the
projector, but often the resolution is set to something extremely low
like 640x480 and under Ubuntu it shows up as one big space.

Other people using Randr get better resolution and the projector shows
as a separate monitor, but it doesn't seem to work with the proprietary
drivers.

I have an ATI card in my desktop that works pretty much out of the box,
but I haven't tried to hook up another monitor.

-T

--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645