[TriLUG] Local repo

Seva Adari oddissyus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:30:23 EDT 2012

I don't want to hijack John's 'Patch Management' thread so I am opening
a new message thread.

>Depending on how manual you want to get with it. I manage a repo of roughly
>100 packages. This means it's as easy as copying files I need into the
>repo's directory. Once you start talking about distro repos with many
>thousands of packages, you may need a tool that does this for you and I am
>not aware of one.

Igor,

Can you elaborate on your local repo process. So, you download needed packages
to a local server and do they become part of some rpmdb or just stay as files?
Does this repo then listens for clients requests and serves the
updates or your client
machines come to this server (via say ftp) pick up the needed files and update?

Thanks