[TriLUG] JOB: half day job in Case City, VA (near South Hill)

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jun 13 13:30:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> This is for today. A technician is sick.

I get these requests more than I would expect. These are all
different jobs in different locations. They can be planned 6
weeks to 3 months in advance. People don't get sick all that
much. I expect the staffing hasn't been handled properly and
there is no contingency planning. I expect one person or
group is handling the staffinc. On the day they find they
didn't handle the staffing and they say "the tech is sick"
and call for help at the standard rate.

On the day, you get emergency rates, travel, per diem.

I'll have to ask what's going on next time I get one of
these requests

Joe