[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:24:57 EDT 2012

  Don't get to caught up in saving energy from lowering your AC use. One of
the purposes of your AC unit is to pull excess humidity from your house.
High humidity can cause mold buildup in the walls.
   That said, in South Louisiana I installed a power attic roof vent in my
one story 2000 sq ft home. It reduced my electric bill in summer by $20 to
$25 dollars a month.
   And you do have ceiling fans installed, right. They can make a big
difference in comfort level vs temperature.

john mitchell