[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Jun 25 22:20:27 EDT 2012

On 6/25/2012 12:19 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Glenn Hennessee wrote:

>> I lived in a house for a year with a whole house fan and
>> it was a marvelous thing. Open a couple of windows, turn on the fan
>> and in 15 minutes you were down to almost outside temp.
>
> sounds wonderful. I have to open windows and put fans in them all and open door etc. I can get to
> 10deg above outside, but not much more.

When I was a kid, we had a whole-house vent fan in the attic. It was much bigger than your average
box fan and vented the whole house pretty quick.  I have a fan that I think would be suitable if
anyone wants it. It is off the top of a heatpump and includes the vent cover.  It has a 820 rpm
1/6hp 220v motor and includes the vent cover which has the motor mounts.

contact me off-list if you are interested.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services