[TriLUG] MintBox

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Jul 9 10:25:08 EDT 2012

Anyone know how well that would work with a bluetooth keyboard/touchpad (such as
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6753651&csid=_61)
Is Linux compatibility good for something like this?

My web/media server is currently running CentOS on a 12-year-old PIII in the basement. I'd love to
move it into the house, but it MUST be quite and inconspicuous.  If it had a bluetooth
keyboard/mouse, then the kids could use it as well...increasing the odds of spousal approval for
moving it into the family room :)

On 7/8/2012 10:52 PM, Jeremy Davis wrote:
> Just throwing this out there. I am a Linux Mint user and I just
> noticed they are partnering with CompuLab to manufacture a nice little
> product called MintBox. The MintBox Pro design serves as a heat sink
> and the 250GB HDD could be easily swapped out with a 2.5″ SSD drive if
> you wanted it to be a completely silent device. It has a nice look to
> it as well.
>
>  http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2055
>
> Jeremy

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services