[TriLUG] Questions about using Linux virtualization

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Jul 13 17:31:35 EDT 2012

Be careful here... use a file-oriented tool like 'rsync' to copy
filesystems and block-oriented tools like 'dd' to copy partitions.

Personally, I would set up the VM using whatever partitions you really
WANT, and then copy the files using rsync. Then, adjust /etc/fstab
accordingly. You might also have some level of adventure getting the
bootloader to recognize your /boot and / partition(s).

Alan

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀