[TriLUG] help with vsftpd FTPS / TLS -- really needed

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:51:11 EDT 2012

Hmm, if lftp works, then I'd assume the ftp server (vsftpd) is working OK.

Hard to say what's wrong without more details. So I'd say, try running
the python script under strace to see what it's actually doing; and
look at netstat as well. You can also turn up the python ftplib debug
level, see http://docs.python.org/library/ftplib.html

-- Dan