[TriLUG] TWC Cable Modem requirement for +30Mbps

Derek Glanz derek at youritgp.com
Fri Jul 20 10:02:29 EDT 2012

If one can't get into the Ubee, TWC will remotely go in & change the settings on request. This past week I set up a SMB server using TWC Business Class and a fixed IP address. We needed to set the Ubee to bridge mode, but the user/user credentials widely reported here and on Ubee's website, did not work. However, apart from asking why I wanted to make the change (before the call I drizzled some honey on top of my vinegar dispenser), TWC was forthcoming with its assistance.

 From: <Reginald.Reed at emc.com> To: <trilug at trilug.org> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] TWC Cable Modem requirement for +30Mbps Date: 7/19/12 1:45 PM

This is most likely due to the old modem not being DOCSIS3.

--
This message was sent to: Derek <derek at youritgp.com>