[TriLUG] BlueTooth dongle purchase

R Radford rradford at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 10 13:40:41 EDT 2012

> Looking into this, there's a UD100 and a UD100-G03
>
> http://www.neteon.net/products/serial/serial-to-wireless/bluetooth-serial-adapter/accessories/parani-ud100.html
>
> From the specs and photos, they look identical. I expect none of us on this
> list know the difference. I've asked Bill and Alan to see if the presenter
> can tell us.

This website shows the difference between the G01 and G03.  I don't
see reference to just the UD100.  From the list below, it appears that
the device is called the Parani-UD100 and the -xxx is required to know
what else is shipped with it.  Here is the website I found:
http://www.sena.com/products/industrial_bluetooth/ud100.php

And here is the relevant information on the G01 vis G03:

UD100-G01 		Bluetooth Class 1 USB adapter with replaceable external
antenna (Toshiba Bluetooth Software) 	$39
	Includes:

    Parani-UD100
    Stub antenna
    Quick Start Guide(Toshiba)
    CD-ROM including Windows Bluetooth driver, User Guide and Datasheet

UD100-G03 		Bluetooth Class 1 USB adapter with replaceable external
antenna (BlueSoleil Bluetooth Software) 	$39
	Includes:

    Parani-UD100
    Stub antenna
    Quick Start Guide(BlueSoleil)
    CD-ROM including Windows Bluetooth driver, User Guide and Datasheet