[TriLUG] BlueTooth dongle purchase

Danielle White Danielle at whitrel.com
Fri Aug 10 19:29:52 EDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 01:32 PM, William Sutton wrote:
> tether to your cell phone for internet connectivity?

That's what I do when I'm on-call; I refuse to let on-call mean having
no life so I carry an old AspireOne netbook (running Windows as it's my
partner's and she's said "no" to Linux on it) with a low-profile
BlueTooth dongle that I usually leave in the port. When I receive a
page, if there is WiFi I'll use that, otherwise I'll BT tether to my
work-provided smartphone, establish the VPN connection, and do what I
need to address the issue. I should be able to not keep a dongle for
that; the laptop my workplace is providing for me will include a BT adapter.

Danielle...doesn't mind on-call when it's compensated. :)