[TriLUG] 4TB GPT Disk fails to Mount with Tomato 2.6.22.19 Kernel

Alan Sterger asterger at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 13 09:44:17 EDT 2012

Hello Listers,

I use Tomato firmware on my USB equipped Linksys E3000 router.  Tomato
development recently released a kernel update to allow GPT disks (> 2TB)
to be mounted.

I have a Fantom Drive G-Force3 MegaDisk USB 3.0 Dual Drive RAID
storage.  The drive contains 2-2TB Advanced Format disks that can be
configured as RAID-0, RAID-1, JBOD or SPAN (concatenated).  Fantom
Drives/Micronet uses third-party JMicron JMS539 (ID 152d:2509)
USB-to-SATA bridge.

Windows Vista detects the RAID-0 (4TB) configured device and initialized
as a GPT disk using JMicron drivers flawlessly.  Tomato's Linux
2.6.22.19 kernel does not.  I have tried several different Tomato builds
with no luck.

I do have the device working as RAID-1 (2TB) formatted as ext3.  But
would like to have the device's full 4TB capacity available.  The drive
will be used for short term backup retention.  As I'm in test phase,
there isn't any data to worry about.

I can PAY someone who suggests successful kernel quirks, I/O parameter
changes or a complete new kernel that enables Tomato to detect my 4TB
GPT initialized Fantom Drive.

If interested contact me personally.

-- Alan Sterger