[TriLUG] Fwd: Organize a Debian Birthday party in your city

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Wed Aug 15 10:01:23 EDT 2012

This has been interesting, resurrecting ancient history.

My stack of floppies was 99pl14, summer or fall, probably 1993.
However, my Unix and Unix-like history started some time earlier.

Not counting my encounters with actual Unix through the 70's and 80's
and later, my first "real" operating system was QNX, doing proper
multi-tasking on a 286 in "real" mode ( is that what it was called, not
DOS mode ) in the late 80's if I remember correctly.

I never had any use for DOS and the like, the idea of the machine
sitting there waiting for me to hit the next key never appealed.

Brian