[TriLUG] New Horizons real or scam?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:06:00 EDT 2012

Bennett,

I have been taking classes at New Horizons since December of last year.
There are a lot of military folks coming through with no previous
experiance in IT.
There are some who are trying to refocus their career (such as myself).

When you enroll for those classes (and yes they are a bit pricey) you
get the training.
You also get an unlimited number of vouchers

To take part in that you have to be able to score a %90 or better twice
on the practice tests.
These are from the site measureup.com. Once the two 90's are obtained
you email the
testing coordinator who will issue a voucher number. From there you will
schedule your
certification exam (new horizons is a prometric test site). Come into
the school and take
your exam. Should you fail the exam you must once again get your 2 90%'s
and get another
voucher.

So, you fail again. You are then required to schedule a session with an
instructor who will
determine where the short comings are and define a study path for
improvement.

I know a few students who where having this sort of trouble and the
staff worked with them
until they were able to pass their exam(s)

There is also job placement, interview coaching and they will write you
a very professional resume.
Perry, The career placement manager is certified for resume writing,
career coaching, interview coaching
and I can attest to the results.

These folks in my experience are geared to allow you to succeed. Is it
effective? Since I am a product of
their efforts, I can attest that they are sincere in their efforts.

I am curious who you spoke with?

73,

Neil Little, WA4AZL