[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 07:50:20 EDT 2012

Follow up...

Did you look at this any further?  Did you in fact do a test run where you cooled the house down at night and then let it heat up during the day?  I would be curious to see the data.

In the past I've turned off my AC and run hourly measurements of inside/outside temp to see how rapidly it heats up... I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my house conserved the cooler temp.

One other caveat to your plan - the humidity in your home. If you don't control the humidity well, you may get a visit from molds and fungi... and that could be very costly.

Jon Carnes