[TriLUG] OT: thermodynamics of A/C question

Roadrunner mamiano at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 22:28:16 EDT 2012

Past generations would plant trees for utility as well as food. That is why so many old southern towns have pecan trees dotted about. But for durability the willow oaks are very good. Sweet gum and cataulpa are fast growers and good for filling in but gum is weedy, brittle and weak in storms. Cataulpa is not as strong as oak but it has 1' leaves, shades well, and attracts a species of caterpillar that is a prized fishing lure to some of the local old timers. The big problem with pine these days is that beetles are infesting and weakening them.

Sent from my iPad