[TriLUG] first post: looking for basic Linux course

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Tue Aug 21 16:14:48 EDT 2012

I used OpenBSD because it had extremely low system requirements, which suited the hardware just fine (a 486/66 with 16 MB of memory), and a reputation for security, which was nice because after all I was intending to use it first as a firewall. Also it was very uncluttered -- Theo hates clutter, leads to bugs and insecurity -- so that made it easier to figure out what was going on -- fewer moving parts.

My opinion about Flash is that I use a plug-in to block it from appearing automatically in web pages I open. :)

--bak