[TriLUG] Looking to beef up my spam blocking efforts

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Wed Sep 12 13:41:29 EDT 2012

Spam filtering is very challenging. Running your own small MTA is a
huge challenge, especially if you want the ability to send email from
it to other domains. It is very easy to end up on blacklists due to
backscatter, for example.

If you must run your own MTA, I highly recommend considering this:
http://www.google.com/postini/

Otherwise, I suggest using the tools mentioned already, and reject as
much spam as possible before accepting it to the queue.

It would be very interesting to know more about this ASSP project and
how effective it is.

Michael