[TriLUG] TriLUG GeekSpark Bluetooth Workshop - Saturday 15th September

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Sep 14 09:57:05 EDT 2012

Hey,
On Saturday (tomorrow) we are holding a Linux Bluetooth Workshop at
DesignBox, downtown Raleigh.  This is a part of GeekSpark for the
SPARKCon celebrations. Free and open to the public.

If you want to have a fun day, come and wander around the city and
watch or participate in the activities.  Parts of Fayetteville Street
will be closed to cars for the chalk drawing competition.  There will
be bands and jugglers, etc.  Justis, from our Steering Committee, will
be running an interactive computer art exhibit - I think it uses
OpenCV (computer vision)...

If you just want to see JP (.ronin)'s Bluetooth demos, drop in to
DesignBox at 1pm.  If you want to try out Bluetooth  with Linux,
experiment with wii controllers and other gadgets, please come at
11am.

JP will be bringing a collection of Bluetooth usb dongles and devices
for people to experiment with.  So even if you don't have Bluetooth
gear, you will still be able try it out.

DesignBox is located near Brewmasters Bar & Grill at 307 West Martin
Street Raleigh.  The front door has a really small "db" sign on it, so
here is a photo to help you find it.
  http://trilug.org/~bfarrow/designbox.jpg

More details:  http://trilug.org/2012-09-15/bluetooth

Bill