[TriLUG] bluetooth mouse goes unconcious if you walk away

Reed, Reginald Reginald.Reed at emc.com
Mon Sep 17 11:03:36 EDT 2012

My assumption is that this is highly mouse dependent.  The bulk of my Bluetooth mouse experience has been with OS X and a Dell Bluetooth travel mouse.  The mouse does go to sleep when not in use for some period of time, but moving the mouse wakes it up and OS X happily chugs along.

*side note* I've never had consistent luck with Bluetooth on windows, the combination of drivers/Bluetooth stacks has never worked well, even on Thinkpads with factory installed hardware.