[TriLUG] OT: PT One tech issue from tonight's debate

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Oct 19 14:12:39 EDT 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:37:21 -0400, David Burton said:

> Of course, here in NC, it's even worse.  NC has something like the
> 4th or 5th highest unemployment rate in America.

Point of information...

There's NC, and then there's NC. I'm on about ten different Linux lists
in NC, Florida, Texas and California. I can tell you flat out that
TriLUG is far and away the list with the most "Have a job" posts. You
guys have a couple a week -- the rest, maybe one a month.

So while the state as a whole might be doing badly, my impression based
on this list is that the tech sector in Raleigh-Durham is going full
guns.

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt