[TriLUG] Xubuntu 12.10 as KVM guest gotcha

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Sat Oct 20 22:58:22 EDT 2012

xrandr can see all the modes, so defining them with modelines won't
necessarily get you very far.

It turns out the Display settings in the Settings Manager is smart
enough to resize the display back to the user's desired setting on
login. The login screen will still be at 800x600 though. Not a huge deal
for a VM.