[TriLUG] laptop cooling fan

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:01:00 EDT 2012

Who says that?

There are several kinds of bearings used in these fans:
- simple bronze sleeve bearings (cheap)
- ball bearings (probably most common)
- hydrodynamic (oil film fluid) bearings

It is hard for me to imagine how spinning backward would affect the first
two, but I don't know enough about the 3rd to have an opinion.

Dave