[TriLUG] Sharable Power Adapters for Lenovo Laptops?

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Mon Oct 29 11:08:21 EDT 2012

> One thing that would be really great is not having three different
chargers.

Yep, great until that moment everybody's battery dies at the same time...

More to your point, though, I've been pleased with the LAA-PA90
multi-voltage adapter that Intrex sells for about $40.  I do have two
complaints about it; namely, all the tips are 90-degree, and the one that
fits ThinkPad doesn't "click" into the socket like the OEM charger;
together, those factors result in an annoying tendency to accidentally
unplug the charger from the laptop.  However, it's a universal charger that
auto-senses the right voltage (based on the tip connected) and also has a
USB power port on the brick.  So it's quite versatile.  IMHO, IANAL, YMMV,
PDQ, QED.

~B