[TriLUG] Need Dell Inspiron 1545 AC charger, PA-21 or PA-3E

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:20:22 EDT 2012

Warning: Our family has 2 of the 1545's. Buy the PS from Dell if you
can still get one.
After my daughter lost her charger on a trip, I had issues with 3
non-Dell-direct chargers
purchased on line. Seems there was a wave of Chinese knock-offs. They
go bad within
2 weeks, and I had 2 of them nearly melt through.

Of course, that's not the advice you were looking for, as you need a
charger ASAP.
I spent more money going through Dell. But getting the right part paid off.

Thought you should know.

~Carl