[TriLUG] Issue Tracking

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Nov 8 14:39:25 EST 2012

> Limesurvey.org uses something that I
> think is interesting, it's called Mantis Bug Tracker.  Seems like the
> engineers' issue tracker for the intricate details it collects and tracks.

Mantis is super easy to set up and it does not require much in terms of
server resources. I recently chose Mantis over Redmine because of how
much of a pig Redmine was on my Linode. We also used Mantis at "the oven
place".

Mantis is not really pretty... the UI needs a facelift because all of
the HTML is table-based. That means it does not have stylesheets for
better access from a phone browser, etc. But it works well enough. I
also like the fact that I can set up multiple Mantis projects and assign
users to the different projects. When I looked at Trac, it looked like I
had to set up a separate Trac instance for each project.

For smaller projects, you might look at Fossil, which is Dr Richard
Hipp's mashup of version control, wiki and bug tracker all in one. Dr
Hipp is best known as the author of SQLite. He spoke to TriLUG about
Fossil back in February of 2010.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀