[TriLUG] TWC DVR & Modem Recommendations

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon Dec 17 13:59:50 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Craig Cook <cncook001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are ways to get <all> the content from your cable box into myth, but it is not straight forward.

You can always get a HDHomeRun PRIME tuner from Silicon Dust for $200.
 This unit takes a Cable Card which you get from TWC (they are
required to provide one on request by the FCC).

The Silicon Dust forums show that this unit is supported by MythTV on Linux !
  http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

My household uses MythTV with the older HDHomerun with two antenna
feeds - no cable TV at all.  This is supplemented by XBMC with the
bluecop plugin for Hulu (free) and Amazon Prime ($79/year) streaming
over TWC Road Runner.  We have a single remote control for the
computer and an IR blaster to control the TV with lirc.

http://billfarrow.blogspot.com/2010/02/ota-digital-tv-antenna.html
http://xbmc.org/
http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/

Bill