[TriLUG] TWC DVR & Modem Recommendations

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Tue Dec 18 13:22:06 EST 2012

At 09:57 -0800 18 Dec 2012, Craig Cook <cncook001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>If I recall correctly, TWC does not have the "copy-freely" flags turned
>on for non local channels.  Everything is "copy-once" which
>mythtv/HDHomeRun PRIME can not deal with.  Windows media center can.

I've actually run into some things that they have set to "copy-never".
This caused Windows Media Center to refuse to record those shows.  TiVo
would record the shows, but automatically start deleting them after 90
minutes (so 91 minutes after such a show started, the first minute would
be unavailable).  A TWC-provided DVR would record those shows the same
as anything else.