[TriLUG] raspberry pi easily find IP

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Wed Dec 19 17:05:09 EST 2012

Incidentally, I am now using a Raspberry Pi as my IPv6 router and a DNS
box. I found a really nice way of setting it up with a tunnel from SixXS
that makes it basically stateless. Now if I plug this Raspberry Pi box
into a router on a "traditional" home network that does not already have
IPv6, it will provide IPv6 to that network immediately.

I wrote up how I got it up and running on my blog:
http://igorpartola.com/ipv6-2/you-need-ipv6-now-and-heres-how-to-get-it

The crux of the whole thing is in the fact that SixXS support
Anything-In-Anything tunneling (AYIYA), which uses UDP and statelessly
tranverses a typical home NAT. This way I don't need to set up a host in
a DMZ or any other such mess.

Igor