[TriLUG] image of hard drive question

Bryan Pearson bwp.pearson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:36:47 EST 2012

It's interesting this conversation has started, I am in the midst of
replacing a dying hard drive in my wife's laptop. Heard it clicking
recently, and with no backup solution in place, it's usage is off limits
for the time being until I can get it replaced.

Which brings me to, any suggestions for methods to backup a Windows machine
to a Linux server? I've looked at solutions like crashplan, but I'd like to
avoid vender lock-in.

I'll keep "gnu ddrescue" in mind if some blocks have been lost.

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan