[TriLUG] LOPSA

danielle at whitrel.com danielle at whitrel.com
Sat Dec 22 23:58:41 EST 2012

On 2012-12-19 16:20, Barry Peddycord III wrote:

> I don't know how many of you are familiar with LOPSA, but I promised
> @standaloneSA I'd post it here so I'm fulfilling my end of the
> bargain.

He certainly is a tireless advocate of the organization! An affiliation
here would be interesting to me. I was part of a group who took the
first steps to organize a chapter in Scranton, PA, years ago, but job
changes put an end to that effort - everyone involved in the organizing
moved out of the state within a year.

I've been a member of LOPSA for over 7 years and attended one of the
conferences they ran (LOPSA Sysadmin Days in Cherry Hill, NJ, 2007.)
They run LOPSA-EAST (formerly PICC) in NJ; an annual two-day conference
held in the spring, though schedule conflicts have kept me away i.e. the
2013 conference is the weekend before I go on leave for six weeks.

Regards,
Danielle