[TriLUG] More hardware up for grabs.

danielle at whitrel.com danielle at whitrel.com
Thu Dec 27 16:31:59 EST 2012

It's time once again for clearing out the old tech at my house. This
time the pile was mostly so ancient that I really doubt there's any
interest (SoundBlaster PCI128?!) but I recall that motherboards had some
bites...

The really old: ABIT KT7A w/ three Kingston ValueRAM KVR-PC133/256-R
(256MB) DIMMs and CPU of unknown model and speed. Ran as a headless
Apache/irssi+screen box shoved in a corner until it was replaced by a
router running DD-WRT. I do have an old video card that this board will
accept, though I have no idea what it is (no obvious markings.)

Not as old: ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium with four Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5
(2GB) DIMMs and CPU. Has a damaged audio connector. There's also a box
of most of the accoutrements with which it shipped, mostly cables,
though if the AMD paper found therein is correct, the CPU is an Athlon
64 X2 6400+ (3.2GHz.) The video card that was used was damaged by a bad
driver update a couple years ago (don't recall the details; it was my
partner's machine when that happened.)

Full tower case: 3D Cool, likely their Hellstorm 2000 model, though the
exact memories have been lost across the distance of time and miles - at
least a decade and a four-state move. It also has a power supply that is
520W, I believe.

Availability: I live in North Durham and work (day shift) in Cary.

Danielle
Danielle at whitrel.com