[TriLUG] Anyone using, or would like to use, Plain TeX?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Dec 28 13:03:13 EST 2012

Hi all,

My 12 year love affair with LyX may be coming to an end, and I'm
thinking of switching to Plain TeX to write my books from now on. Plain
TeX is a few macros added by Knuth to Knuth's document production
language, TeX.

LyX is a front end to LaTeX, which is a macro-expansion of TeX. The
reason I'm interested in TeX is it's a simple language where you don't
need to find a package to do every single thing you need to do. I'd put
it this way:

TeX is to C as LaTeX is to Java.

I'm more of a C guy myself. I like to know that with the language and
the language manual, I can do ANYTHING myself.

Is anyone else using TeX? Is anyone interested in TeX?

Thanks,

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt